Job Summary: The Jr. GIS Engineer drafts drawings and designs network (e.g. telecom, electrical, gas) using GIS software according to established quality assurance standards. They are expected to meet and/or exceed predetermined productivity goals, attend and actively participate in training, retraining and skill development programs.
Broad Responsibilities/Major Deliverables:
- Consistently meet daily production targets by meeting established drawing requirements.
- Consistently strives for perfection by demonstrating accuracy, thoroughness and orderliness in performing data conversion activities. Shows a professional concern for quality of work.
- Effectively utilizes GIS software to provide GIS services.
- Has thorough knowledge of how to leverage MS office, RDBMS and other desktop applications for production operations.
- Abreast with continuous updates and implement the same during GIS services.
- Need to develop thorough understanding of all aspects of the job and can adapt quickly to task changes.
- Need to become knowledgeable about wide-range of job responsibilities of various functions.
- Clearly understand needs and requirements of job and understand best practices/procedures of the process, GIS/Engineering services.
- Attends and actively participates in all required training/re-training programs.
- Eager to learn new projects/services and adjusts promptly and calmly to changes.
- Grasps new processes and explanations quickly.
- To provide feedback and suggestions to Team Leader for project improvement and changes in productivity tools.
- Effectively balances the demands of work with personal life.
- Works harmoniously, effectively, communicate effectively and appropriately with others.
- Develops positive working relationships at all levels.
- Conveys a willingness to help and “go the extra mile”.
Reports to: Team Leaders
- Consistent academic record (minimum 60% from SSC onwards).
- Degree in Engineering (Civil, Mech, ECE, EEE, CSE, IT).
- Knowledge of AutoCAD is an added advantage.
Age: 21 years onwards
- Knowledge of computers.
- Design/drawings reading and understanding capabilities.
Aptitude: Process orientation, Systems thinking and Computer savvy.
Key Competencies: Good communication skills (English) with pleasing personality, business etiquettes, customer focus and willingness to learn.