Job Summary: The Jr. Design Engineer designs network for Smart Cities and IoT solutions using GIS software according to established quality assurance standards. They are expected to adopt Digital Transformation principles to design complex Fiber, Wireless and DAS networks using latest technologies.
Broad Responsibilities/Major Deliverables:
- Consistently meet daily production targets by meeting established drawing requirements.
- Consistently strives for perfection by demonstrating accuracy, thoroughness and orderliness in performing design activities. Shows a professional concern for quality of work.
- Effectively utilizes GIS software to provide GIS services.
- Has thorough knowledge of how to leverage MS office, RDBMS and other desktop applications for production operations.
- Need to develop thorough understanding of all aspects of the job and can adapt quickly to task changes.
- Need to become knowledgeable about wide-range of job responsibilities of various functions.
- Clearly understand needs and requirements of job and understand best practices/procedures of the process, GIS/Engineering services.
- Attends and actively participates in all required training/re-training programs.
- Eager to learn new projects/services and adjusts promptly and calmly to changes.
- Grasps new processes and explanations quickly.
- To provide feedback and suggestions to Team Leader for project improvement and changes in productivity tools.
- Effectively balances the demands of work with personal life.
- Works harmoniously, effectively, communicate effectively and appropriately with others.
- Develops positive working relationships at all levels.
- Conveys a willingness to help and “go the extra mile”.
Reports to: Team Leaders
- Consistent academic record (minimum 75% from SSC onwards).
- Degree in Engineering (Civil, Mech, ECE, EEE, CSE, IT).
- Knowledge of AutoCAD is an added advantage.
- Good communication skills and ability interact with overseas client.
Age: 21 years onwards
- Knowledge of computers.
- Design/drawings reading and understanding capabilities.
Aptitude: Process orientation, Systems thinking and Computer savvy.
Key Competencies: Good communication skills (English) with pleasing personality, business etiquettes, customer focus and willingness to learn.
Key Skills: OSP, “Network Planning”, FTTx, “Fiber Optic”, “Optical Fiber”, Broadband, “Fiber Roll Out”, DAS, “Smart City”.